- I believe healthcare is a right and should be accessible as well as affordable to all Iowans.
- I will fight to ensure mental health services and resources are readily available for people of all ages and give this top priority. We need legislation that provides comprehensive solutions.
- Drug companies are steadily increasing prices often forcing individuals to choose between needed drugs versus their daily living expenses. I will help hold drug companies accountable.
- All students need quality education in a safe environment from Pre-K through college.
- We need to make sure community colleges, private colleges and state universities are affordable for every Iowan.
- Educators and education support professionals in Iowa deserve 100% support from our state, which includes collective bargaining rights. Teachers need to be involved in educational decision-making.
- Budgets need to be fully funded to ensure student proficiency for the 21st century.
- Student behaviors are impacting learning, therefore we need to ensure safety preparedness and adequate support staff to provide mental health support.
- We need to create better job opportunities by expanding job training & apprenticeships.
- Equality is a right for all Iowans. All individuals should be represented throughout the legislative process.
- People should never feel inadequate or marginalized regardless of:
- Their gender
- The way they look
- What they are able to do
- Who they love
- What they make
- What situation they were born into
- Their religious beliefs
- Their age, etc.
- All humans are entitled to equitable representation. I will stand up for ALL.
- The cost of living for Iowans continues to rise but annual paychecks are not increasing at the same rate to make ends meet.
- For example:
- The average rent for a two bedroom unit in Iowa is $800 per month. That means people working minimum wage would have to work 83 hours per week to avoid paying more than 30% of their income on housing.
- Many people that qualify for government housing support are seeing discrimination by landlords AND the National Fair Housing Act does not protect people from discrimination if someone is in a lower income bracket.
- For example:
- It is time to ensure all Iowans can afford housing for themselves and their families.
- Iowa ranks 41st in water quality in our country. We need to ensure all Iowans have access to clean drinking and recreational water (which in turn brings more revenue into the state).
- I will support the continued advancement of water pollution initiatives to help protect our families, pets, livestock and wild animals.
Want to discuss other issues?
Contact me today to schedule a meeting or a phone call so I can learn what is most important to you.